And now a hypocrisy softball, from our Congresswoman Kristi Noem:
This all comes down to one fundamental question. Do we want to live in a world where the government tells us what to do? That is not the kind of America I grew up in and thatâ€™s not the kind of future I want for my kids. Just as Susan B. Anthony, Sojourner Truth and Elizabeth Cady Stanton struggled and fought for equality, the women of the House GOP continue to stand firm against government intrusions in our lives, and will combat regulations that limit our freedom to choose [Rep. Kristi Noem, "Celebrating National Women's History Month," press release, 2012.03.30].
This anti-regulatory tripe from a woman who, in the South Dakota Legislature, supported...
- regulating acupuncturists;
- requiring tribes to get Legislative approval for certain gaming compacts;
- increasing every state fee;
- requiring abortion clinics to offer sonograms and requiring women to sign documents filed with the state to decline;
- mandating insurance for moped drivers; and
- making abortion a felony.
Commenters, swing away with your favorite examples of Noem's federal efforts to reduce women's choices.