Livability.com screws up royally in ranking Spearfish the seventh best small town in America. They should, of course, rank Spearfish #1!
What makes Spearfish so great in Livability's eyes and mine?
- Downtown commerce and entertainment
- The Matthews Opera House
- The D.C. Booth Fish Hatchery
- 26 parks and recreation areas
- good Internet services for telecommuting (gotta pay for that mountain bike, fishing rod, and climbing gear somehow)
- Spearfish Canyon
- and not mentioned in the article but deserving mention: Lookout Mountain!
Here are the six towns Livability mistakenly ranked as better than Spearfish, plus the remainder of the top ten: